kportage-dev

[kportage-dev] Reverse Dep in the latest version

From: Wenqiang Song
Subject: [kportage-dev] Reverse Dep in the latest version
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 03:24:17 -0500

Hi,

I found that in the latest version 0.6, the function Revers_Dependency was removed. But I didn't see anything about this in the Changelog. I DO think this function is important when one wants to unmerge a package and all the packages depend on it.

And I've ever made a patch to make this Rev_Dep check recursive(on version 0.5.1-r1). It's pretty simple. Please see below:
 diff kportage.cpp.orig kportage.cpp
232c232,240
< if (k>=0) results+=q;
---
> if (k>=0)
> {
> results+=q;
> PackageList::iterator it = qFind( current.begin(), current.end(), q );
> if ( it == current.end() )
> {
> current+=q;
> }
> }
237c245
< view->showSearch( results );
---
> view->showSearch( current );

Don't understand why such a good feature was removed.

Thanks
-Wenqiang.