libextractor

[libextractor] Failing to getting libextractor (0.5.18) working on windo

From: whisperstream
Subject: [libextractor] Failing to getting libextractor (0.5.18) working on windows
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 10:21:19 -0700 (PDT)

I downloaded libextractor-0.5.18.zip, unzipped to a folder

copied a file test.doc into the same folder and executed:

extractor test.doc

All I get is a blank line and the program exits back to the prompt, no error
message, no warnings.  Not a whole lot more if I use the -V switch.

The test.doc file is the same one I uploaded to the page online that allows
you to test the libextractor.

Am I missing a step somewhere, an env variable.  I thought all I had to was
unzip the zip file and hey presto off it goes, like (swish-e for example),
but I'm currently at a loss and any help would be much appreciated.