libextractor

Re: [libextractor] mp3 metadata inconsistency

From: Heikki Lindholm
Subject: Re: [libextractor] mp3 metadata inconsistency
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 12:49:00 +0300

Christian Grothoff kirjoitti:
On Saturday 12 July 2008 01:06:45 pm Daniel Morilha wrote:

Hello guys,

First of all, I would like to congratulates you by the excelent project
which LibExtractor is. I am developing a python script which iterates over
lots of files getting all metadata which is possible. Among all
possibilities I found LibExtractor as the best choice once it is great in
performance and accepts a widely number of different formats. Just Awesome.

Apart from I noticed a inconsistency in mp3 metadata regarding format
field. For many files I'm getting 96kbps bitrate but when on iTunes and
Winamp they are being shown as 128kbps. I'm not sure why this is occurring
and I'm just reporting this bug hoping it could be fixed in a future
release. By the way I use the last available version 0.5.20b and also tried
the online report. On both I got the same 96kbps bitrate.

I'm not sure what online report you are talking about, I cannot see anything on your bugtracking system at https://gnunet.org/mantis/.

Now, I've tried a few files that I had and they all show as 128 kbps. Could you either e-mail me a testfile (or upload it to Mantis) so that I can investigate what the file *actually* is and where we maybe wrong in the interpretation of the format (or maybe itunes/winamp are wrong, but that is less likely).

I have several files, which give wrong results. I can take a look at the problem. Christian, was the bitstream parser copied from somewhere or done "by the spec"?

-- Heikki Lindholm