libextractor

[libextractor] Not showing meta information

From: Peter Muhr
Subject: [libextractor] Not showing meta information
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 06:37:16 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

I use Debian lenny and installed the latest libextractor package like
described in the manual.

$ apt-get install libextractor-dev extract

After everything installed properly I was doing this

$ wget -q http://www.copyright.gov/legislation/dmca.pdf
$ extract -b ~/dmca.pdf
% BiBTeX file
@misc{ unite2001the_d,
  title = "The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998",
  author = "United States Copyright Office - jmf",
  note = "digital millennium copyright act circumvention...",
  year = "2001",
  month = "10",
  key = "Copyright Office Summary of the DMCA",
  pages = "18"
}

like described in the manual. They only problem is that I don't get the
metainformation as described above. The only thing I get is the following:

$ extract -b dmca.pdf
% BibTeX-Datei
@misc { dmca_,
    title = "dmca.pdf"
}

So it obviously doesn't take any metatags at all. I read the manual and
searched this board but couldn't find anything. Can you please help me?
Thank you very much in advance!