libmicrohttpd

[libmicrohttpd] digest auth TLS and POST

From: A. Mark
Subject: [libmicrohttpd] digest auth TLS and POST
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2014 15:48:10 -0800

Hello,

I'm using digest auth and TLS curently and I run into the issue with POST requests. This is how my acces_handler works currently:

access_handler(...){

 check_initial_call...{
     setup POST processor
     setup other request specific structs}

 successive_calls{
   check digest auth and fail if necessary...
   handle requests POST,GET,DELETE etc...
   return html/xml pages}
}

I'm getting these:

"Failed to receive data: A TLS fatal alert has been received."

once in a while on GET requests.

I'm also getting:

MHD_INVALID_NONCE from MHD_digest_auth_check once in a while, not sure that this is normal for every other request. Seems like the client is not generating cnonce properly?

POSTs always fails with:

"Internal application error, closing connection."

due to MHD_NO returned by MHD_queue_auth_fail_response.

I'm able to run everything the if I run the access handler this way:

access_handler(...){

 check_initial_call...{
     setup POST processor
     setup other request specific structs...
     check digest auth and fail if necessary{}
}

 successive_calls{
   handle requests POST,GET,DELETE etc...}
}

however obviously each requests is handled by a new connection, not ideal...

The way it should work is that each request is authenticated once on the same connection context. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Mark