libmicrohttpd

Re: [libmicrohttpd] upgrading and life cycle of sockets

From: José Bollo
Subject: Re: [libmicrohttpd] upgrading and life cycle of sockets
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2020 13:44:25 +0100

On Thu, 26 Nov 2020 13:19:51 +0100
Christian Grothoff <grothoff@gnunet.org> wrote:

> On 11/26/20 1:14 PM, José Bollo wrote:
> >> For child processes, not really: you can even do the dup()ing only
> >> after fork() if you manually clear the close-on-exec flag. So you
> >> don't need any extra FDs if you do it 'just right'.
> > Yeah but fork+exec is a requirement
>
> I don't get it. If you don't want to fork+exec, then you don't need to
> dup() and can just use the fd directly.

In may case, I changed the way an other library works. After that the
behaviour was that the library manages the socket and close it. In that
particular case, the library is on my own and I can fix the case by
some method, later for optimisation.

But it raises the question of a tiers library that you don't master.
There is no fork+exec but just a black-box.