libmicrohttpd

[libmicrohttpd] Any suggestions on authentication for web clients to com

From: lingweicai
Subject: [libmicrohttpd] Any suggestions on authentication for web clients to communicate with microhttp to manage multiple Linux servers with single /etc/shadow file
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2024 11:20:04 +0800 (CST)

Dear experts:

I am to develop a web GUI with microhttpd as backend on a Linux Server as center node to manage/access multiple Linux servers as branches. I want to use one authentication system for all the servers, such as one set of /etc/passwd, /etc/shadow, /etc/group on center node by copying these file to branches nodes. Alternatively,  I am also consider to deploy LDAP ( have not deployed )  for web clients accessing center/branches hosts.

I know cockpit can manage Linux server with users from web GUI as a system user of Linux, by using PAM.

Any suggestions on my questions :

  1. which is better,  one user password system or LDAP ?

  2. Is PAM is good choice ?

Thanks,

Forrest Weicai Ling