libredwg

Re: [libredwg] Newer LibreDWG version?

From: Rodrigo Rodrigues da Silva
Subject: Re: [libredwg] Newer LibreDWG version?
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 15:52:06 -0200

On 15-11-2010 15:21, Louis Coquio wrote:
> Hi !
> I'm actually searching an API or library who can translate .dwg to something
> more....readable ( like SVG format ) !

Yes, we can do it. There is a limited SVG converter. It is only intended
to be an example of using the library, though. We hope people implement
converters using our library (like Uniconverter adding DWG support).

> I've found your API, compiled it and try it. Unfortunately, don't work with
> Autocad 2004 and newer, so I want to ask you if there's a more recently
> version of LibreDWG ( or something similar )  who supports Autocad 2010, and
> who's more easier to use than this library.

We do support AutoCAD 2004. Please let me know what made you to conclude
we don't support 2004? Maybe out of date documentation, or an error?

We workin (very slowly) on 2007. Although, we won't be able to decode
2010 files in a near future, unless a complete specification is
published by the Open Design Consortium.

--
Rodrigo Rodrigues da Silva

PoliGNU - Grupo de Estudos de Software Livre da Poli/USP
Garoa Hacker Clube
GNU Project