libredwg

[libredwg] New github mirror LibreDWG/libredwg

From: Reini Urban
Subject: [libredwg] New github mirror LibreDWG/libredwg
Date: Sun, 6 May 2018 19:34:19 +0200

I’ve created an official github mirror at
https://github.com/LibreDWG/libredwg
There is now a LibreDWG organization with all members who do have commit
permissions.

The main reason is for the Travis CI integration:
https://travis-ci.org/LibreDWG/libredwg/builds
(prev. at https://travis-ci.org/rurban/libredwg/builds)
and appveyor (windows) at
https://ci.appveyor.com/project/rurban/libredwg/

Savannah has the official git repo and official trackers, but I do track github
also.

Pull requests are also accepted, but major changes
still need copyright assignments or waivers.

I still don’t haven’t got a fencepost account so I cannot check contributor
assignments
or do releases. This should be fixed until the first alpha release next month.

—

Technically I’m working on formatter output modules, for the dwg struct.
So far there is json, dxf and dxfb (binary), and when this is finished I’ll add
YAML, PS and SVG.

The simple converters are still useful as they infer the output file
automatically, but
dwgread can be used to create all formats.
There’s no dwgwrite yet (with input from those formats),
only a dwgrewrite, which is a poor man’s SaveAs tool.
Write support (for r2000) is still lacking some minor bits.

Support for pre-R13 (mostly r11) is making good progress, it’s about 80% done.
r2010+ has some minor issues, about 90% done.
This should be easy as libdxfrw has all of that, just much less support for
objects.
Our objects are at about 95%, only some are missing.

Planned is also a dwggrep program, which should be trivial, and esp. useful
with the new formats.
e.g. dwggrep -O json MyTEXT *.dwg creates a list of all TEXT entities
containing MyTEXT.
--
Reini Urban
address@hidden