libreplanet-br-sp

[lp-br-sp] [Fwd: [LHC] Launching Hardware Freedom Day on April 20 2013]

From: panaggio
Subject: [lp-br-sp] [Fwd: [LHC] Launching Hardware Freedom Day on April 20 2013]
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 10:00:14 -0700

From:    "Pockey Lam" <address@hidden>
Date:    Fri, February 22, 2013 3:47 am
To:      address@hidden

Hi there!

The Digital Freedom Foundation[1] (the organization behind Software
Freedom Day) is launching a new celebration around Open Source Hardware
called Hardware Freedom Day [2] (www.hfday.org) and which will be
celebrated on April 20, 2013 (Saturday).

We just launched registration[3] yesterday and believe you should be
interested in participating! Our vision is to use this day to promote
your local space and use it as an open door day to showcase your
facilities and your community. Maybe running simple workshops on
soldering or Arduino hacking makes sense, maybe something else is
better: you're the organizer, so definitely you should know better. If
not you can always subscribe to our mailing list[4] and see what others
are doing. We also have an IRC channel on freenode (#hfd) for instant
communication.

Last but not least we will be sending an event kit (t-shirts, banners,
posters, stickers, balloons, etc) free of charge to all the teams who
register
before March 15, 2013.

So wait not longer and rush to the hfd wiki[5], create your event
page[6], put up your program and register your event[3] before the deadline!

Also help us to make this event as big as SFD by using our banners[7]
and countdown[8] on your website. Feel free to localize these artworks
(all released under a CC-BY license) to your language and don't forget
to share your files on the HFD wiki for others.

Thanks a lot and happy HFD!

----
The Digital Freedom Foundation Board

[1]http://www.digitalfreedomfoundation.org/