libreplanet-br-sp

Re: [lp-br-sp] Software Freedom Day - Free Software Foundation Europe -

From: Sergio Durigan Junior
Subject: Re: [lp-br-sp] Software Freedom Day - Free Software Foundation Europe - Supplies
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 13:59:09 -0300

On Monday, June 17 2013, Raniere Silva wrote:

> Sérgio,
>
> você quer registrar o evento?

Sim, obrigado pelo aviso, o timing foi perfeito, eu estava vendo isso
ontem.

Bem, a página que criei foi:

<http://wiki.softwarefreedomday.org/2013/Brazil/Campinas>

Não coloquei quase nada porque estou sem tempo agora, mas já registrei o
grupo e enviei um plano inicial (pensado e escrito na hora, pode conter
erros).  Dêem uma olhada:

====
  We are the LibrePlanet São Paulo team, part of the global LibrePlanet
  project created by the Free Software Foundation.  Most of our members
  live in Campinas/São Paulo, where we are organizing the event.  It is
  also important to mention that we have already organized the Document
  Freedom Day this year, in the same city.

  Our initial plans (subject to change) are:

  - Contact UNICAMP, the local state university of Campinas, and one of
    the biggest and best universities in Brazil, to ask for a place where
    we can make the event.  Most of the members of LibrePlanet São Paulo
    attended UNICAMP, so it should be somewhat easy to obtain the
    permission.  However, if UNICAMP says it is impossible to help, we
    have a few other local universities where we can go and try.

  - Meanwhile, we plan to contact some possible presenters.  Some members
    of the group are probably going to present things about Free Software
    or technical stuff, but we also would like to bring important names to
    the event.  I (Sergio) work at Red Hat and can bring some folks from
    the company to talk.  Alexandre Oliva, one of the "big" guys (in both
    senses!) about Free Software in Brazil, also lives in Campinas.  There
    are also some professors at UNICAMP who could talk about a wide range
    of subjects.  I believe we will have plenty of options for presenters
    :-).

  - We will start announcing the event in every way we can (except the
    non-ethical ways, like Facebook, Google+, etc.).  Mailing lists,
    blogs, identi.ca/pump.io, etc.

  - Since this will be our first big event, I believe we still have to
    discuss many details about it, like whether we are going to serve
    coffee breaks, for example.  But we expect to have everything cover
    by August.
====

Tô vendo agora que cometi alguns errinhos de digitação, mas nada que
altere o significado.  Bem, acontece...

Depois eu vou começar uma thread pra discutir o evento em mais
detalhes.  Esse tem que sair direito.  Inclusive, assim que eu puder já
vou enviar um e-mail pro Rubens pra ele divulgar o evento.  Só uma
pré-divulgação, já que a gente já sabe a data (mesmo sem saber o local).

Falou,

--
Sergio