libreplanet-br-sp

[lp-br-sp] Will you bring the Day Against DRM (May 3rd) to your communit

From: Zak Rogoff
Subject: [lp-br-sp] Will you bring the Day Against DRM (May 3rd) to your community?
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2016 15:32:46 -0400

Hello, fellow anti-DRM activist

You're receiving this email because you've organized an event for the
International Day Against DRM before, or let me know you were interested
in doing so. Sorry about the BCC -- I wish I had time to get in touch
with each of you individually, but there are now too many of you for me
to do so (a good problem to have!).

2016's International Day Against DRM (IDAD) is coming up on Tues, May
3rd and I'm working on supporting people running events all over. I'm
writing to let you know that if you'd like to do an event this year on
May 3rd, myself and others are here to support and promote it.

Not sure which event to do? You might draw inspiration from the links to
previous events of the last four years in the Event Planning Guide [1],
like 8-bit music parties, picketing Apple stores, podcast episodes and
blog posts, protests outside companies that profit from DRM, flyering
sessions, and potlucks, to name a few. And of course there's nothing
wrong with repeating last year's if you were happy with it.

1: https://www.defectivebydesign.org/dayagainstdrm#planning

If you're interested, the first steps are to A: join the DRM Elimination
Crew discussion list [2] (if you haven't already) and B: add the date
and your contact information to the LibrePlanet wiki events listing [3].

3:
https://libreplanet.org/wiki/Group:Defective_by_Design/Day_Against_DRM_2016

If you're thinking about it but don't have the time to take it on alone,
you might be able to connect with other activists through the discussion
list. Don't hesitate to send an email with a request for co-organizers,
help creating or translating materials. I'll also track the discussion
on the list and look out for opportunities to put people in touch directly.

Onward to IDAD,

--
Zak Rogoff // Campaigns Manager
Free Software Foundation