libreplanet-ca-on

[lp-ca-on] CRA Software Developer's Application for Electronic Filing

From: Greg Knittl
Subject: [lp-ca-on] CRA Software Developer's Application for Electronic Filing
Date: Wed, 11 May 2016 15:07:58 -0400

Hi,

I just scribbled out a letter to get the CRA Software Developer's Application for Electronic Filing as per http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/esrvc-srvce/tx/bsnss/crpnt/sftwr-eng.html

Also http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/esrvc-srvce/tx/ndvdls/netfile-impotnet/crtfdsftwr/menu-eng.html states "The CRA does not look at the privacy policies of software developers. It is your responsibility to research these policies before buying or using a software product or web application.

Use of the software, and any omission or error in the information provided, is the responsibility of the user and the developer. Consequently, the CRA cannot be held responsible if programming errors affect the calculation of income tax and benefits payable."

I don't know how to accomplish this without reviewing the source code. I just have this feeling that there are going to be confidentiality clauses somewhere in the process... Will keep the group posted.

Greg