libreplanet-ca-on

Re: [lp-ca-on] article related to federation from Open Whisper Systems

From: Bob Jonkman
Subject: Re: [lp-ca-on] article related to federation from Open Whisper Systems
Date: Thu, 19 May 2016 13:07:10 -0400

Is the Google's Allo interoperable with OWS Signal? How about What's App?

You were asking for a handy chart on secure systems in another thread.
There was some discussion in the !Fediverse (which has a !LibrePlanet
group, as I recall).

http://www.titus-stahl.de/blog/2016/05/15/comparing-encrypted-messengers/

> The Electronic Frontier Foundation used to have a quite nice
> instant messenger scorecard that compared messenger services
> regarding their privacy properties. As they did not include some
> interesting projects (but included lots of non-free-software apps
> that are not an option for me anyway), I made the table below that
> refers to a subjective selection of interesting encrypted
> messaging projects and that only includes end-to-end encrypted
> services and – except WhatsApp which is included for reference
> purposes – only Free Software.

!Fediverse message: http://quitter.se/notice/5681252

- --Bob.