libreplanet-dev

[Libreplanet-dev] FSF Groups, extension update

From: Peter
Subject: [Libreplanet-dev] FSF Groups, extension update
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 10:35:11 +0000

Just a reminder its been a week since I posted my extension updates for FSF
Groups. How is the evaluation going?

I have found a calendar extension
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Calendar_(Kenyu73) , which I think
will work well for news, meetings, and similar group events. The
multimove/multidelete extensions work well with it, too!

I have also created more website templates, but they don't work without the
parser and string functions enabled. I was thinking setting up a website on
FSF Groups itself (called LibrePlanet?) for testing and development. This can
provide a central place for feedback, comments, and requests.

I've had a brief look at Pinax and get the impression it is more a network
application than a website - more forms rather than document oriented. I'm
sure it can be turned into a traditional website, but I'm not sure exactly
what you're shooting for. The Tribe feature is good, but doesn't support the
idea of building tribes from sub-tribes, which the area and regions approach
currently used may require.

Peter