libreplanet-dev

Re: [Libreplanet-dev] group info template position

From: Peter
Subject: Re: [Libreplanet-dev] group info template position
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 15:43:15 +0000

On Friday 20 March 2009 15:14, Graziano Sorbaioli wrote:
> I am starting to fill the Libre Planet Italia group template but I
> noticed it is positioned in a bad way right now.
>
> Here is where it is now:
>
> http://groups.fsf.org/index.php/ApplicationLibrePlanetItalia
>
> Here is where I want it to be:
>
> http://groups.fsf.org/index.php/LibrePlanet

Unfortunately 'LibrePlanet' and 'Libre Planet' are reserved for the FSF group
itself. Each group is identified by Region and Area, so the group name
usually includes its city name (Rome Italia).

However, LibrePlanetItalia is okay, so my suggestion is to go to the page and
select 'Move' and delete 'Application' from the field. This should move the
page to http://groups.fsf.org/index.php/LibrePlanetItalia

You should move all the group's info on the Italia page into your group
template. That page is a regional page and should only list all the
states/provices in Italia, not the groups. Your group page should have all
the members and other group info.

In your Group template, link the Region field to the Italia page, and link the
Area field to your group's province.

All text in the page should be in the Description field, i.e. within the
template itself.

so do this ....

description=
=First title=
some text and images
=Second title=
some more text images
}} // end of template

not

description=
// your page content should go here
}} // end of template
=First title=
some text and images
=Second title=
some more text images

> I don't know if it is my fault or the template itself.

Actually the template hasn't been tested yet, but it looks good so far.

> Could you help me please?

Hope that helps

Peter