libreplanet-dev

Re: [Libreplanet-dev] Calendar extension error

From: John Sullivan
Subject: Re: [Libreplanet-dev] Calendar extension error
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 12:14:15 -0400

Peter <address@hidden> writes:

> On Monday 15 June 2009 07:21, you wrote:
>> On Sat, 2009-06-13 at 06:51 +0000, Peter wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > The current event page returns an error, line 172 in Calendar/common.php
>> >
>> > My suggestion is to insert between
>> >
>> > $img = Image::newFromName( $name );
>> > $path = str_replace("\\", "/", $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT']) .
>> > $img->getURL();
>> >
>> > the following
>> >
>> > $img = Image::newFromName( $name );
>> > if ( !is_object( $img))
>> > return null;
>> > $path = str_replace("\\", "/", $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT']) .
>> > $img->getURL();
>> >
>> > The is_object notes can be found at http://us3.php.net/is_object
>> >
>> > If that works, we can submit a bug?
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> >
>> > Peter
>>
>> Sorry, this is my fault.
>>
>> I tried to insert a new event on June 20th.
>> I think the fact that there was already an event on that date caused the
>> error.
>
> Well then thats a bug because it should handle several events for a day. The
> problem is in a new event list function. I think it assumed your link was an
> icon and tried to get the image. However, it fails to check whether the icon
> exists before using it.

The bug is actually that events can't have links on the first line (and
possibly not other types of markup as well) because the first line is
used as the name of the event in the calendar view.

I fixed this particular one, but any fix to the extension itself would
be most welcome.

We should probably also add an instruction somewhere (an event template
perhaps?) that says to use the first line as a title and not a link.

--
John Sullivan
Manager of Operations