libreplanet-dev

Re: [Libreplanet-dev] LibrePlanet development

From: John Sullivan
Subject: Re: [Libreplanet-dev] LibrePlanet development
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2009 17:43:27 -0400

Peter <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to thank those people that have assisted me in working here, but I
> see my contributions are no longer welcome.
>
> After specifically setting up the LibrePlanet group for the FSF, I see they
> have created their own group. The templates I created, were first tampered
> with and then deleted as 'old' and 'broken'.
>
> The frustration for me is that the website is now setup to implement a form
> based wiki. Since I have been kept out the development loop, there is no way
> I can contribute productively.
>
> I will support my extensions, but I don't expect they will be used ;)

I'm sorry to hear that Peter. I don't exactly understand what you mean
about the FSF group -- what I did was consolidate the multiple pages on
to one, because at that time we had an immediate use for it (posting our
meeting minutes and a link to them). I put this group in the Group:
namespace, thinking that I was following the plan that you'd been
suggesting. To me the LibrePlanet group is different from the FSF group.

I don't know what you mean by a "form based wiki".

Wiki editing involves a lot of deleting and altering each other's work,
with the idea that no change is irreversible, so discussion can always
happen after changes and things can be put back fully or partly.
Especially at this stage of early development I don't think any of us
can expect a conversation requesting permission to edit our changes.

Plenty of your work is still standing, and your work has enabled us to
get to where we are. It's up to you, but I know people here have
appreciated what you've done. Sorry if we haven't expressed that.

--
John Sullivan
Manager of Operations