libreplanet-dev

Re: [Libreplanet-dev] login and groups

From: John Sullivan
Subject: Re: [Libreplanet-dev] login and groups
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2015 15:40:01 -0500

demos <address@hidden> writes:

> Dear folks,
>
> First question:
> i have registered for the libre planet wiki, but the login does not work
> out for me at https://cas.fsf.org/login
> it is saying "Internal Server Error".
> It's not working out with TBB as well as standard Firefox.
> I already tried to change my password, but that did not help either.
>
> Must one be a somewhat paying FSF member?
> Should i create a non-member account instead?

No, if you created a CAS account, it should work fine, whether you are
donating or not.

Can you try again starting from a fresh private browsing session in
Firefox? Sometimes the Internal Server Error seems to be a cookie issue.

> Second question:
> Is it possible to create a group within libre planet wiki that has
> exclusive rights to edit certain pages (to prevent unwanted
> editing/manipulation)-we want to evaluate several software projects
> independently....

No, not currently. But people can subscribe to the feed of Recent
Changes and so be notified of any changes. To date, we haven't had a
problem with this.

> Third question:
> Is there a possibility to get an RSS-Feed of changes upon a certain set
> of pages?

Yes.

One way is to look at <https://libreplanet.org/wiki/Special:Watchlist>
while logged in, and then look at the Atom link under Toolbox on the
left.

-john

GPG Key: 61A0963B | http://status.fsf.org/johns | http://fsf.org/blogs/RSS

<http://my.fsf.org/join>.