[libreplanet-discuss] Distil Networks blocks entire websites if you prot

From: Aaron Wolf
Subject: [libreplanet-discuss] Distil Networks blocks entire websites if you protect privacy at all
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2016 22:10:04 -0700

https://help.distilnetworks.com/hc/en-us/articles/212154438-Third-Party-Browser-Plugins-That-Block-JavaScript

I was going to a website and was redirected to a special page where I
have to request access because this security system is not letting me
even see the website at all. Yes, I run free software privacy plugins…

This is really shitty, and I'm not even figuring out how to get past it.
I don't know if it blacklisted my IP or just I don't have the right
combination of privacy tools turned off, but this is totally obnoxious.
I don't really even know how to find contact info for the website to
explain to them this terrible experience since I can't even get to the
website.

This trend is super troubling. If a website buys into this company's
security claims and approach, they won't even likely get feedback well
and may not even recognize the problems.

--
Aaron Wolf
co-founder, Snowdrift.coop