[libreplanet-discuss] A reach-out to the community from Andri Effendi [F

From: Andri Effendi
Subject: [libreplanet-discuss] A reach-out to the community from Andri Effendi [Free Software Sydney]
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2018 17:14:52 +1100

To the Free Software Community,

Many thanks to everyone who has kept the spirit alive in 2018.

Our Dignity, Our Autonomy, Our Privacy and Our Freedom of Expression and
Speech (The inviolable rights) are being eroded into non-existence on a daily basis.

This is not news to most of us.

I believe that The Free Software community has the power to create a better future for all human beings on our planet and reverse the damage being done. That is one of the reasons I joined this community.

I am happy to announce that the amount of interest in Free Software Sydney has grown enormously.

At the time of writing this email the non-free meetup.com page for Free Software Sydney has 270 interested members which is on top of the numerous members in our local "Libreplanet-sydney" mailing list.

Unfortunately however, no events for the Sydney Chapter were organized in 2018.

Moving in to 2019 we need to get more proactive and organized.

If you would like to help us and don't know how, here are some things that would be of great help for Free Software Sydney.

*VOLUNTEERS with a religious passion for The GNU and Free Software Movement

*a space for having gatherings and workshops

*We need volunteer presenters

*ideas for workshops and assistance organizing them

*donate Laptops, Computers, Servers and other resources/equipment that (we can utilize for running workshops, demoing Free Software and infrastructure to host our communities online presence by example without SIGINT PRISM enabled SASS)

*volunteering your skills (this could be technical or non-technical)

*volunteering time for maintaining presence on Free/Libre platforms like Mastodon, GNU Social, PeerTube, MediaGoblin, IRC, freesoftware.org.au/sydney/

*volunteering time to record minutes at meetings, presentations, workshops etc.

*Tea/Coffee and snacks (this may encourage others to help out if they know there is tea and coffee)

If you have any suggestions or would like to help out please get in touch.

Kind Regards,
--
Andri Effendi <fusionman133@gmx.de>
Organiser of The Free Software Movement in Sydney

GPG fingerprint: 8438 138D ECDA 05E0 591F  F2B4 4721 0F03 AC24 DF73
Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted.