libreplanet-us-wa

[Libreplanet-us-wa] Ideas For The Next Meeting

From: Jason Self
Subject: [Libreplanet-us-wa] Ideas For The Next Meeting
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 22:00:19 -0700 (PDT)

The next meeting is on Saturday, September 21. This, not
coincidentally, is Software Freedom Day. Any suggestions on what to
do? I was thinking of an install party, potentially coordinated with
GSLUG, but am open to ideas.

It appears that the organizers of Software Freedom Day will again be
distributing proprietary software and spyware in the form of Ubuntu.
It seems an ironic thing to do on Software Freedom Day.

If an install party happens I recommend that we only use GNU+Linux
distros endorsed by the FSF: https://gnu.org/distros/free-distros.html

Thoughts? Ideas? Anything else?