libreplanet-us-wa

[Libreplanet-us-wa] Day against DRM day

From: Alex Jordan
Subject: [Libreplanet-us-wa] Day against DRM day
Date: Thu, 1 May 2014 21:06:40 -0700

Hey all,

Next Tuesday is the International Day Against DRM[1] (we're
mentioned!). What do we all want to do?

This was discussed at the LFNW afterparty, and (IIRC) the decision was
that there would be a person to email each list (more about that in a
second); I was supposed to email the Washington chapter of
LibrePlanet[2] but sadly haven't gotten around to it until now. My
bad. I'm emailing all of the Seattle-area technology activism lists
that I know about (TA3M Seattle, Free Geek Seattle, DC206, and
LibrePlanet WA) for two reasons: one, it doesn't make sense to have
four separate conversations where no one knows what's going on, and
second, looking a the list archives, it appears that no one's emailed
the other lists either, so I figure I might as well CC you all. Feel
frsee to send this on to other lists that may be interested (just make
sure to mention it so that everyone can copy them on replies. Or
something. I dunno.).

The plan next year is to use the LibrePlanet Washington list for this
kind of event, since that's the most relevant, but those of us at the
afterparty assumed that we wouldn't be organized enough to all get on
that list in time.

DefCon people: I assume you're interested in this, given that I've
seen Lee posting TA3M Seattle announcements, but if not, sorry for
bothering you. Donald: I'm not entirely sure why I'm emailing you, but
I have your business card from the afterparty, so presumably you
wanted me to send you a copy. :)

Anyway, I've taken up enough of your time. Thoughts?
-Alex Jordan

 [1]: https://www.defectivebydesign.org/dayagainstdrm
 [2]: https://libreplanet.org/wiki/Group:LibrePlanet_Washington