libreplanet-us-wa

Re: [Libreplanet-us-wa] LibrePlanet WA exhibition table

From: Alex Jordan
Subject: Re: [Libreplanet-us-wa] LibrePlanet WA exhibition table
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 10:21:41 -0700

On Tuesday, June 24, 2014, Deb Nicholson <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Alex,
> That sounds great!  Can you tell us a little more about what kind of outreach
> your chapter focuses on?

Of course. Retrospectively, I was a bit sparse on details (a
combination of having been in a hurry and not knowing exactly what was
needed). Sorry about that!

We largely share goals with the FSF, namely, the advancement of free
software and hardware for a free society. However, at SeaGL, we are
specifically looking to promote membership and interest in our group.
(In fact, this idea came about when we were at LinuxFest and the
people at the FSF booth didn't know we existed, which spurred us to
start trying to do more outreach to other communities in the greater
Seattle area.)

> Looking forward to seeing you at SeaGL!

We are too!

Alex