libreplanet-us-wa

Re: [Libreplanet-us-wa] Document Freedom Day

From: cinnamon
Subject: Re: [Libreplanet-us-wa] Document Freedom Day
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 10:12:04 -0700

Hi Lee, when did you order the care package?

The following is the message I received by Robinson Tyroe, a Document
freedom leader who I asked for advice about organizing an event;
address@hidden

- -- Robinson Tryon QA Engineer - The Document Foundation LibreOffice
Community Outreach Herald address@hidden
"

I think that evens in a space such as a library can be a great way for
you to connect with a group of people. Definitely do some advertising
ahead of time, and try to structure your talk so that it's accessible
to both technical and non-technical people who might attend.

No need to do something on the actual DFD 'day' (march 25th) -- any
day is a good time to talk to people about the importance of
unencumbered formats/protocols

I've got some stuff printed up right now. I think I sent about a dozen
brochures to Lee, but I can send another packet if you like. Let me
know your address, and if you need it quickly (priority mail, 2-3
days) or a little slower (media mail, 2-7 days)

Digital artwork is mostly up in the FSFE repo here
(https://gitorious.org/document_freedom_day/artwork), although all of
my local modifications to make stuff fit into US paper sizes is just
local on my machine. I'll try to push stuff up to the DFD organizers,
but the changes happening to gitorious might mean I need to find
another channel, so just ping me back if you really need the US
artwork.
"

On 03/23/2015 09:48 AM, Lee Fisher wrote:
>> UW folks might also be interested, as they might have to pay
>> themselves (right? I'm not sure).
>
> BTW, the care package include: posters, brochures, some stickers,
> and a few postcards. If we have any feedback as to what to include
> in next year's DFD care package, they're interested in feedback. (I
> might suggest some CDs of current LibreOffice, with MacOSX and
> Windows versions in addition to source, LO already builds a CD.)
>
> Cinnamon: you expressed an interest in doing something for DFD. Do
> you have a school or other location that you'd like to have an
> event?
>
> Thanks, Lee

- --
Consider cryptography for email:
https://emailselfdefense.fsf.org/en/
Document Freedom Day - Liberate your documents
http://documentfreedom.org/ - March 25th 2015