libreplanet-us-wa

Re: [Libreplanet-us-wa] Thx for a great meetup.

From: Blibbet
Subject: Re: [Libreplanet-us-wa] Thx for a great meetup.
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2015 16:38:13 -0800

On 12/20/2015 04:18 PM, Jon Erlichman wrote:
> [...] We should also probably use the mailing list to
> have extensive discussion for action. [...]

Some days to keep in mind for upcoming calendar, need to plan for
LibrePlanet or TA3M Seattle meetings...

Open Data Day
http://opendataday.org
???

Document Freedom Day (DFD)
https://documentfreedom.org/
Mar?

Hardware Freedom Day
http://www.hfday.org/
Jan?

Software Freedom Day (SFD)
http://softwarefreedomday.org/
Sep?

Data Privacy Day
http://www.staysafeonline.org/data-privacy-day/
Jan?

Day Against DRM
https://www.defectivebydesign.org/dayagainstdrm
May?

Personally, I think LibrePlanet's default meeting should be a quarterly
hackathon, not just meeting a at a pub. Socalizing can happen while
you're helping a strategic FOSS project, while you're helping teach
newcomers how to congtribute to FOSS, not just what is good to order on
the Elysium menu. Hopefully we can also do another LibreOffice hackathon
after SeaGL, as well... Especially now that Free Geek Seattle is in
hiatus, local community needs more oportunity to contribute.

I have an ODF-centric security tool that I'll be releasing on DFD'16.