libreplanet-us-wa

Re: [Libreplanet-us-wa] OneBusAway [was Re: Thx for a great meetup.]

From: elcaseti .
Subject: Re: [Libreplanet-us-wa] OneBusAway [was Re: Thx for a great meetup.]
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2015 09:37:47 +0000

That may be the case.  I can't tell.  Almost all of the map-related apps I've used or read about on google play use open street maps.  It would be odd if onebusaway uses something else.  Then again, I always use offline maps on Android whenever possible (because I only use wifi, no data plan at all).  onebusaway only works when I'm able to connect to wifi.  Maybe there's more of an advantage to using open street maps to create offline apps, than there is when creating online apps.  It could also be a coincidence, I'm not sure.

If some folks are going to librefy Trip Planner, it will require some coordination with fdroid to meet their rules, as well.