lightning

Fail to build on Mac Silicon

From: M.C.A. (Marco) Devillers
Subject: Fail to build on Mac Silicon
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2023 19:26:56 +0100

Dear people, thank you for providing this excellent package.

I have been using lightning in a small, and slow, interpreter for the
egel language. Recently, I decided to switch from shared libraries to
static libraries using git modules. This is mostly because of libicu
where on non-unixes the c++ packages aren't provided since there is
usually no way to handle version dependencies; however, since some
libicu libraries are present build tools and IDEs get confused and
I've had it with that.

Now lightning 2.2.2. fails to build on my machine, make check gives a
lot of errors, which is bewildering since the same distribution 2.2.2
I have from an old tarball does build without failure. The only
difference seems to be a ./bootstrap file that wasn't present in the
older version.

Does anyone have a clue why lightning 2.2.2 now fails to build where
it used to work perfectly fine?

Greetings, Marco