lilypond-auto

Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2513 in lilypond: Patch: Build: add -fno-tree-

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2513 in lilypond: Patch: Build: add -fno-tree-vrp to CXXFLAGS for gcc 4.7.0
Date: Sun, 06 May 2012 08:16:10 +0000

Updates:

Comment #6 on issue 2513 by address@hidden: Patch: Build: add -fno-tree-vrp to CXXFLAGS for gcc 4.7.0

-O1 are "most effective and affordable optimizations", so if -O1 -ftree-vrp makes bad code already, I agree that -fno-tree-vrp seems like our best bet at the current point of time.

LGTM. To avoid delays, I would strongly suggest putting this on the same or an earlier countdown than issue #2514 and pushing issue #2513 first. It would also be a prime candidate for cherry-picking into 2.16 if it that gets released as currently planned, and pushing it earlier than issue #2514 will make sure that one can cherry-pick it independently from that issue. It certainly is more important.

Thanks for the really thorough testing you made here. I also see that you reported the problem to GCC developers and that they are on track. Unfortunately it turns out from the discussion that the tree-vrp pass is not responsible in itself (and as I stated in comment #3, it has been around for quite a long time) but is working from bad input.

So let us hope that the bug _only_ manifests itself in the work of tree-vrp, or we will potentially have more fun with the effects of this bug in other places.

Anybody from those with project administration rights on code.google.com: I can't make Pavel the owner of this issue. Can you add him to the members of this project?