lilypond-auto

[Lilypond-auto] Issue 2539 in lilypond: Redocument/extend tweak

From: lilypond
Subject: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2539 in lilypond: Redocument/extend tweak
Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 08:47:06 +0000

Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Documentation

New issue 2539 by address@hidden: Redocument/extend tweak

I actually don't know how to assign priority for this one and/or how to tackle it. The documentation for \tweak is out of whack with regard to applying it to single notes (look at the embarrassing screenshot). In addition, \tweak's internals will gain the power to modify stems, automatic beams (manual beams never were a problem) and accidentals directly in the course of committing issue 2536. This is just a matter of missing user interface, and the syntax
\tweak Accidental #'color #red cis
can trivially be made available for this (in short, you use an optional _string_ to identify the grob).

I think I will extend the \tweak music function in the course of the commit implementing the _functionality_ as part of \footnote, including its documentation string. But that still leaves work for the manuals which are already out of whack, and my skills for writing user-level documentation leave something to be desired.

I might still do a fast push on some changes which correct the facts since I think badly written and right beats nicely written and wrong, and catching up to nicely written and right might be easier once the facts are in place.

Attachments:
        tweak.png  9.4 KB