lilypond-auto

Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2559 in lilypond: Patch: For time-based footno

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2559 in lilypond: Patch: For time-based footnotes without grob spec, attach to all grobs
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 09:27:12 +0000

Updates:
        Labels: -Patch-countdown Fixed_2_15_40

Comment #3 on issue 2559 by address@hidden: Patch: For time-based footnotes without grob spec, attach to all grobs

Ok, since this is a strict improvement over "unidentifiable error", I am pushing this. I have convinced myself that c) is not a good idea since it makes not specifying a grob for time-based footnotes almost a good idea. And then the line breaks change, and you get a spurious footnote on a bar number or something.

Marking _all_ reachable grobs at a time step at least makes obvious that what you do is a bad idea, and it gives you a cheap way to check out what grobs _are_ actually reachable by a time-based footnote, so if it does not catch the grob you want to annotate, you can find this out _before_ starting to search for the right grob name.

Pushed as 6bc024330084b2d23ca58c4075c75fe0b4257060 to staging.