lilypond-auto

Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2758 in lilypond: ly_module_lookup caused depr

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2758 in lilypond: ly_module_lookup caused deprecation warnings when LilyPond running with Guile V2.06
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 17:37:11 +0000

Comment #22 on issue 2758 by address@hidden: ly_module_lookup caused deprecation warnings when LilyPond running with Guile V2.06

Regarding comment #20: Ian, at the risk of sounding like a total jerk, my original proposal was junking the old compatibility code and using a common code, my second proposal was keeping exactly the Guilev1/Guilev2 division you made (namely using the old deprecated code for 1.8 and your version for 2.0) but using a compatibility macro setup that will make it easy to rip out all old ugly code support at once without leaving the old (and tested and likely more efficient) crutches in place.

Now you did both rather than either. It is, of course, trivial to combine those approaches (and back out the ly_lily_module_constant, my initial proposal) as you did all the work and then some. Since you mentioned that your current situation makes programming work hard for you, I am perfectly willing to see these rather mechanical steps through and take control over this issue until it is committed (of course, giving you as the author). If I don't hear from you, I'll submit the appropriate review/patch proposal tomorrow. Ok?