lilypond-auto

Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 687 in lilypond: Enhancement: inequal MIDI qua

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 687 in lilypond: Enhancement: inequal MIDI quantization of equal durations (swing, rubato)
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2013 06:06:41 +0000

Comment #48 on issue 687 by address@hidden: Enhancement: inequal MIDI quantization of equal durations (swing, rubato)

If you think this approach has a chance to be included into LilyPond, I can turn it into a patch. The following would need to be done as far as I can see:

* put swing.scm in scm/ (possibly turn it into a module)
* create a wrapper in ly/ to use \include on
* (most work) turn swingtest.ly into a set of regression tests and a notation manual section.

I might find time to do that this weekend.

Notice that the solution still feels conceptually hackish to me, since map-events-with-timing clumsily duplicates iteration stage functionality. On the other hand, I guess any "proper" solution would be considerably more complicated and invasive, and this one is certainly not more clutchy than articulate.ly.