lilypond-auto

Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3299 in lilypond: dynamics, articulations etc.

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3299 in lilypond: dynamics, articulations etc. attached to spacers are wrongly aligned
Date: Sun, 07 Apr 2013 16:47:56 +0000

Updates:
        Owner: address@hidden
        Labels: GSoC-LyricProject

Comment #1 on issue 3299 by address@hidden: dynamics, articulations etc. attached to spacers are wrongly aligned

\markup \justify {
  Here's why the dynamics and articulations are placed like this.
  Let's draw a grid on the staffline, representing the flow of
  time, with a line every quarter note:
}

\layout {
  \context {
    \Staff
    \consists "Grid_point_engraver"
    gridInterval = #(ly:make-moment 1/4)
  }
  \context {
    \Score
    \consists "Grid_line_span_engraver"
  }
}
<<
  { \hideNotes f'2 f' }
  { s4 s s s }

\markup \justify {
  Now, notation rules say that the notes \bold shouldn't
  be centered on these gridlines - instead, their \italic
  left edges should be flush with the lines:
}
<<
  { f'2 f' }
  { s4 s s s }

\markup \justify {
  The second thing is that an object attached to a spacer
  is centered on the horizontal position corresponding to
  the appropriate musical moment - unlike an object that
  is attached to a note (which is centered on that note):
}
\new Staff <<
  { e''2_\turn  e''2     }
  { s2          s2_\turn }

\markup \justify {
  If we draw gridlines on the examples from the bugreport,
  everything should be clear now: objects attached to the
  notes are nicely centered on their NoteHeads, while object
  attached to spacers are centered on their PaperColumns,
  which are \bold empty - hence the uneven spacing:
}
<<
  \new Staff <<
    { a'2\f a'\f }
    { s4 s\f s s\f }

  { s4 s s s }

<<
  \new Staff <<
    { a'2\p a'\p }
    { s4 s\p s s\p }

  { s4 s s s }

<<
  \new Staff <<
    { f'2 g'2 }
    { s4 s\turn }

  { s4 s s s }

\markup \justify {
  I know how the solution for this issue should look like;
  i'll post a solution in my alignment branch in a few days.
}

Attachments:
        explanation 1.png  4.9 KB
        explanation 2.png  6.4 KB