lilypond-auto

Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3320 in lilypond: Dynamic spanner vertical spa

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3320 in lilypond: Dynamic spanner vertical spacing
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 04:38:24 +0000

Comment #1 on issue 3320 by address@hidden: Dynamic spanner vertical spacing

minimum-Y-extent gives me the heebie jeebies. It is a property that is embedded in the heart of LilyPond in a function called a gazillion times that is only useful for one grob. Of course, if this is the only way to do it, let's do it this way, but I'm not convinced this is the case.

To me, the best solution would be:
1) remove the minimum-Y-extent property from LilyPond.
2) put a transparent box stencil around the extender the size of the minimum extent.

(2) can be encoded as a property like skyline-extender-padding which could be used for TextSpanners as well.