lilypond-auto

Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2658 in lilypond: wrong stem rendering (incons

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2658 in lilypond: wrong stem rendering (inconsistent thickness)
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 13:18:25 +0000

Comment #49 on issue 2658 by address@hidden: wrong stem rendering (inconsistent thickness)

No, the situation is not similar. We have a longstanding discussion about PDF quality and the reasons of which you are aware and which you documented in the bug tracker after we discussed it again in the mailing list. It was reported and discussed frequently.

And we are talking here about basic rendering of Ghostscript. Its core area of competency, its most basic operations. The project is more than 20 years old and does not get even the most basic operations right according to specifications older than that, even in black&white and without antialiasing. And it is solely responsible for printing and PDF handling in GNU/Linux systems.

I don't see that we can really deal with that sensibly except by shutting ps2pdf out of our loop and writing PDF ourselves. That's at least one level of inconsistency removed from the pipelines.