lilypond-auto

Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 1367 in lilypond: Enhancement: NoteNames conte

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 1367 in lilypond: Enhancement: NoteNames context should handle any note names language
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2013 21:17:32 +0000

Updates:
        Labels: Patch-new

Comment #5 on issue 1367 by address@hidden: Enhancement: NoteNames context should handle any note names language

Fan Ziye wrote:
In order to add a \pitchnames command, the property of \pitchnames
is need in note_name_engraver. Is it possible to read it with a get_property()?

It seems so.

Besides, where should I modify to add a new lilypond command? the lilypond parser?

Usually not. More likely somewhere like ly/music-functions-init.ly (just try searching where other lily commands are defined).
But i don't think you need to define any new comment in this issue.

p.s. I don't know if it's right to asking such questions here
in the issue comment, if not, could you please tell me where
to ask (or to read). Thanks very much:)

Rule of thumb:
- the tracker is a place to mostly discuss the design of the patch (what the results should be),
- rietveld tracker is for discussing actual code after it was written,
- general questions regarding Lily codebase are usually best discussed on -devel.

BTW, did you use git-cl to upload your patch or was the comment #4 written manually by you? Because one thing was missing - it should be set to Patch-new (which i'm doing now).