lilypond-auto

Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3385 in lilypond: Ottava with cross-staff mess

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3385 in lilypond: Ottava with cross-staff messes up beams
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2013 03:23:35 +0000

Comment #29 on issue 3385 by address@hidden: Ottava with cross-staff messes up beams

It makes sense that the side position interface looks at direction

The direction is not set for some Stems until after page-spacing is done, because sometimes the staves are stretched and it is better to knee the beam, and the spacing of staves on the page depends on where the 8va is outside the staff, and the 8va is placed by side-position-interface that currently checks the direction of the Stem, but we started this chain by trying to determine the direction of the Stem (thus the error message in comment #1)

My suggestion to break the chain was to allow room for both an up- and down-Stem (of unbeamed length) for Stems marked 'cross-staff'. I do not have any plans to do so, because I would prefer to revert the patch for 3199 for now.