lilypond-auto

Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3385 in lilypond: Ottava with cross-staff mess

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3385 in lilypond: Ottava with cross-staff messes up beams
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 06:20:28 +0000

Comment #48 on issue 3385 by address@hidden: Ottava with cross-staff messes up beams

The middle example comes out as attached, and I think we need the picture to agree on desired behavior. The ottava bracket applies to the bottom staff only, so we do not want it to move above the upper staff.

In general, a spanner that belongs to the staff should probably let cross-staff stems go straight through it as they reach to a foreign staff. It would be nice if the spanner avoided cross-staff beams, but LilyPond has not done that yet and I can imagine cases where the beam crosses all the way between staves so the spanner could not avoid it.

I think we do want the staff-spacing to allow room for the ottava bracket, or in general a spanner that belongs to one staff.

Attachments:
        3385.png  7.5 KB