lilypond-auto

[Lilypond-auto] Issue 3589 in lilypond: lilypond binaries cannot find fo

From: lilypond
Subject: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3589 in lilypond: lilypond binaries cannot find fonts stored in ~/.local/share/fonts
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2013 21:27:04 +0000

Owner: ----
Labels: OpSys-Linux

New issue 3589 by address@hidden: lilypond binaries cannot find fonts stored in ~/.local/share/fonts

Discussed on -user:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2013-09/msg01058.html

In Gnome 3 the default directory for fonts is ~/.local/share/fonts (e.g.: it's where fonts are copied when you open an .otf file using gnome-font-viewer). While debugging the problem discussed in the link above, I've found out that:

- the debian package (2.16.2) can find the font in .local/share/fonts
- the binary packages distributed by lilypond.org (tested version 2.16.2 and 2.17.27) cannot find it. It looks up only ~/.fonts; so a temporary solution is adding a symlink:
ln -s ~/.local/share/fonts ~/.fonts

but I think that the problem should be solved