lilypond-auto

Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3592 in lilypond: \lyrics depracated

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3592 in lilypond: \lyrics depracated
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2014 11:42:09 +0000

Comment #7 on issue 3592 by address@hidden: \lyrics depracated

Ok, if we take that as reference, then \lyrics is not mentioned, and neither is \notes. \notes is no longer present in LilyPond's grammar, apparently getting removed with
commit 843b5cd769205cb24ac30cf179798b487a1173f1
Author: Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden>
Date:   Sun Sep 12 09:24:51 2004 +0000

    * scripts/convert-ly.py (conv): add conversion.

    * lily/parser.yy: change mode changing commands to XXXmode,
    eg. drummode.
    (mode_changing_head): group mode changes.
    (mode_changing_head_with_context): new commands: create context as
    well as change mode.

    This fixes: morgenlied.ly and input/regression/beam-concave.ly

Namely in 2.3.16.

\lyrics was removed from the manuals at a similar time. Looking for relevant commits, a warning _not_ to use \lyrics was removed with
commit 1008a110c1ce2ed3f195008fe904538188ddcf0b