lilypond-auto

Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3888 in lilypond: Completion_heads_engraver ha

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3888 in lilypond: Completion_heads_engraver hangs after \time in mid-measure
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2014 15:32:46 +0000

Comment #18 on issue 3888 by address@hidden: Completion_heads_engraver hangs after \time in mid-measure

Devon, once the countdown finishes, be sure to format the change in lily/partial-iterator.cc in a separate commit.

It's basically an amendment to

commit 2d34420eaf1ffdb620739e4640af42c0b3f812c1
Author: David Kastrup <address@hidden>
Date:   Sun Nov 3 15:30:53 2013 +0100

    Issue 3645: Allow \partial to occur in mid-piece

    This is done by moving measurePosition to negative values when at the
    beginning of a measure, and to a respective distance before the end of
    the measure in case the measure has already been started.

So it might be worth mentioning in the commit message of that particular part that it changes the semantics implemented by issue 3645.

The main takeaway for me for that change is the one in comment #11. I am not sure that we have everything listed in comment #9 and stuff covered, but figuring all that out and documenting proper use cases is likely a followup issue once the code is in.