lilypond-auto

Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4330 in lilypond: No midi with ChordNames

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4330 in lilypond: No midi with ChordNames
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 11:20:12 +0000

Comment #2 on issue 4330 by address@hidden: No midi with ChordNames

This old definition does _not_ give ChordNameVoice an alias of Voice. As a consequence, overrides for Voice (rather than the default Bottom) are likely to arrive at a parallel Voice context.

Somewhat related is issue 3082.

The whole point of issue 4281 was to make sure that we get the same context hierarchy in \midi and \layout from the same input. We need a ChordNameVoice different from Voice in the engravers since we don't want all the notes engraved.

Using
\context {
  \Voice
  \name ChordNameVoice
}

is neutral in the context hierarchy since \Voice does not introduce any \accepts, \denies, or \defaultchild.