lilypond-auto

Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4392 in lilypond: Doc: Add warning about ...

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4392 in lilypond: Doc: Add warning about ...
Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 19:13:36 +0000

Comment #4 on issue 4392 by address@hidden: Doc: Add warning about ...

On 06/05/15 16:04, ArnoldTheresius wrote:> James Lowe wrote
Or add a note in the documentation in the appropriate place?

James

I think, adding to the documantion is good enough.

Perhaps my words on the 'concept of the \postscript markup' are not
the best ones (esp. for people without deeper postscript experience),
but this information should be a good start for a documentation. Maybe
an image can illustrate some of the 'embeding conditions'.

If you use 'findfont ... show' you do not need to insert a 'newpath' before. If you define a postscript subroutine which 'stroke's or 'fill's a path, it
is
always wise to include the 'newpath' into your postscript subroutine.
So, I'm NOT missing an 'emptied stroke path' at all.

ArnoldTheresius