lilypond-auto

Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4076 in lilypond: allow bn for B-natural in En

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4076 in lilypond: allow bn for B-natural in English
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2015 12:34:51 +0000

Comment #46 on issue 4076 by address@hidden: allow bn for B-natural in English

I think we got very little feedback at all for this change. Whether this is a good or bad sign.

I just thought of an actually somewhat appalling interface possibility.

\language a \major "english"

would switch to a notename language where f means f-sharp, g means g-sharp, c means c-sharp and so on.

It would not work too well without also having \displayLilyMusic a \major ... and that is not really compatible with the existing use of \displayLilyMusic a .

I think it should be uncontentious to add the a-natural forms first since those are not really used in mid-music and, judging from the feedback we got for issue4209, not much at all. Unless all users consult the changes file and/or run convert-ly. I consider this not very probable even though we actually _did_ get feedback about incomplete convert-ly coverage.

So I suggest we first shove in x-natural into the English notename language, and once we got that in place, poll on the user list about aliasing x to xn.

Sounds reasonable?