Re: Python compatibility

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Python compatibility
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2019 21:00:07 +0000

On 1/15/19, 12:14 PM, "David Kastrup" <address@hidden> wrote:

    >     In contrast, migrating to 2.7 is a Gub-only job.  That's much
    >     better defined and better cut out to be single-person or at least
    >     single-focus work.

So, if I understand correctly, we (mostly) think that lilypond works with
python 2.7, but GUB doesn't work with 2.7.  So the 2.7 upgrade is to upgrade
GUB to python 2.7, not to upgrade lilypond to python 2.7.

If that's the case, then we'd be wanting to test GUB on a system that only has
python 2.7, and change all of the dependencies to python 2.7, and try to get
GUB to build completely.  Is that right?

Thanks,

Carl