Re: LilyDev 0.3

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: LilyDev 0.3
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2019 00:54:23 +0100

Am Do., 17. Jan. 2019 um 00:37 Uhr schrieb Karlin High <address@hidden>:

> On 1/16/2019 5:12 PM, Thomas Morley wrote:
> > I'm stuck at:
> >
> > 7. Click the ‘Start’ button and wait until the login screen appears.
> > You’ll log in as 'dev' user; type the password 'lilypond'.
> >
> > But 'lilypond' is not accepted as password.
>
> Odd, I just got that same LilyDev running last night. No problems with
> the login.
>
> I did notice mismatches between the Contributor Guide instructions and
> the latest LilyDevs;

Yep, I noticed

> Federico Bruni says documentation patches are in
> the works.

Probably the culprit is EFI

CG says:
Note: The image can be booted only on EFI, so you must enable it
within the virtual machine’s settings – click on System → Motherboard
and select ‘Extended features: Enable EFI’.

But on my system:
$ efibootmgr
EFI variables are not supported on this system.

So I can't use LilyDev 0.3  ??

Cheers,
  Harm