Re: Google Summer of Code

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Google Summer of Code
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2019 17:28:18 +0100

Am 17.01.19 um 17:11 schrieb Karlin High:
On 1/17/2019 12:52 AM, Tsz Kiu Pang wrote:
I was just wondering if I want to contribute to the development, where
should I start from?

For development in general, the Contributor's Guide:
<http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/contributor/index.html>

For Google Summer of Code, probably this page.
<http://lilypond.org/google-summer-of-code.html>

This is the right place, along with https://github.com/wbsoft/frescobaldi/wiki/Google-Summer-of-Code.
These pages have not been updated for GSoC 2019 yet, though.

Rright now things are not really ready to go, as the participating mentoring organizations have not yet been announced (or even accepted). I'd say one can be somewhat confident that LilyPond will be allowed to participate as part of GNU, chances that Frescobaldi can participate on its own are significantly smaller.

Let's say if I want to do something at GSoC this year with LilyPond, who
should I get in touch with?

Urs Liska seems the most involved in Google Summer of Code efforts. Perhaps this email address: <address@hidden>

With the lilypond-devel mailing list you have in fact found the best place to get in touch with in the first place.

If the contents of the two pages given above give you something to think about or inspire you to then it's fine, otherwise you can wait for the official announcements not earlier than Feb 26 (https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/timeline).

Urs