Re: guilev1/2 musing

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: guilev1/2 musing
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2019 09:53:54 +0000

On 1/25/19, Thomas Morley <address@hidden> wrote:
> Over the years some people worked on the topic - speaking only for
> myself, I think all low hanging fruits are done.

Indeed. Lily-guile2 actually works pretty well (if you don’t mind the
noticeable performance hit); I think I’ve been using it nearly-daily
for more than a couple of years… but I still require a guilev1 build
whenever there are accented chars to be handled (which does tend to
happen for a French-speaking user). Which seems definitely not to be
*that* low-hanging a fruit.

V.