Re: Please test gub

From: Karlin High
Subject: Re: Please test gub
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2019 11:34:00 -0600

On Tue, Jan 29, 2019 at 8:25 AM Phil Holmes <address@hidden> wrote:

> Could someone pint me to what I
> need to do in order to get the gub git stash up to date and correct?

Lots of things happening with GUB lately. Major discussion threads include:
"I cannot run make check since Issue 5450: relocate.cc: Introduce new
command `set?'"
<http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2019-01/msg00113.html>
"gub: I can now completely build LilyPond"
<http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2019-01/msg00010.html>

For GUB development, pull requests 53-60 are being tested.
<https://github.com/gperciva/gub/pulls>

For convenience of testers, Knut Petersen cloned the repository,
merged the pending pull requests, and wrote instructions for testing.
<https://github.com/knupero/gub/tree/DevelHead/gub>
<http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2019-01/msg00221.html>

I expect "up to date and correct" as used in the request means "a
state that will allow new official builds of LilyPond." I'll leave
that for others to answer. At the moment, the choices of GUB
repositories seem to be "broken" and "incompletely tested, but hopeful
of late."
--
Karlin High
Missouri, USA